Skip to main content

If you have ACC cover

If you can’t return home (temporarily or permanently) after your injury, your ACC contact person can help you make other arrangements. ACC funds several types of residential care and residential rehabilitation support services.

Contact ACC for information (external link)

If you don’t have ACC cover

Whaikaha – Ministry of Disabled People funds community homes for people with long-term physical, intellectual and sensory disabilities, and who are not covered by ACC.

You'll need an assessment to see if you can get help to pay for residential support. If you are eligible, the needs assessment service will apply to Whaikaha for you.

Find out how to get a needs assessment for government funded support

Find out about Community Residential Support Services on the Ministry of Health website (external link)

Last updated on Tuesday, 16 August 2022

Was this page helpful?