Skip to main content

Welcome to your gateway to exciting employment prospects! Whether you're starting your career journey or seeking a new path, these links will be a first start.

Digital Passport

Digital Passport appears on a black background.

Website: Digital Passport NZ  (external link)

Digital Passport is a learning platform to give you the basics to feel confident entering or re-entering the workplace. The New Zealand-based site is free to use.  Whether you want to know more about social media, exploring ChatGPTemail, video, zoom, Microsoft Office the list goes on - there’s something for every level! By the end, you'll have a bunch of new stuff to jazz up your CV and make employers take notice!

Te Heke Mai

Te Heke Mai appears on a navy blue backgroundWebsite: Te Heke Mai (external link)

Te Heke Mai is a mobile app and coaching service to help when you're looking for work or starting training or a new job. Be supported from job hunting to walking you through that exciting first day. Through goal setting and step by step achievements, you can let Te Heke Mai guide you on your journey!

Meaningful Mahi for carers

Meaningful circles the word Mahi in white text on a purple background.Website: Meaningful Mahi (external link)

Get paid to make a difference. Disability support work is meaningful mahi. You don’t need experience to get started, either. If you love people, like a good laugh, are kind and quick to notice what others need – you’ll be great. Check out Meaningful Mahi to explore thousands of jobs across the motu (country).

MySkill for carers

MySkill logo in red, yellow and blue.Website: MySkill  (external link)

If you are looking after a loved one under the supported Living Payment, you can get qualified for free through MySkill. In addition to helping you find a job, MySkill can help you get a Level 2 NZQA certified in caregiving. The best part is, all this training and job placement can be done at your own pace


Workbridge is the largest New Zealand-owned employment service for people with a disability or health condition. With 20 offices across New Zealand, there’ll be one near you.

To register with from Workbridge, you need to:

  • be aged 16 to 64 and live in New Zealand
  • be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
  • have a disability or health condition lasting 6 months or longer.

Learn more about Workbridge's supported employment service (external link)

New Zealand Disability Support Network  (NZDSN)

NZDSN  has a list of providers across the country who offer supported employment/vocational support services.

You can search by type of disability and region.

Find supported employment providers on the NZDSN website (external link)

CSS Disability Action

CCS Disability Action’s employment specialists work with disabled people aged between 16 and 65. To use this service you must be:

  • registered with Work and Income, and
  • getting a main benefit (such as jobseeker support or supported living).

You can apply yourself or Work and Income can refer you.

Find out more about CSS Disability Action’s employment support services  (external link)

Blind Low Vision NZ 

Blind Low Vision NZ have skilled advisors who can provide support and resources for:

  • job seekers who are Blind or have low vision
  • people in work experiencing issues due to vision loss. 

To apply you need to be registered with Blind Low Vision NZ.

Find out about Blind Low Vision NZ work readiness and workplace support services (external link)

Deaf Aotearoa 

Deaf Aotearoa employment facilitators offer pre-employment support and in-work support for people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing. Contact Deaf Aotearoa to find out how to get a referral to the service.

Find out about Deaf Aotearoa’s employment support services (external link)


Workwise is an employment agency for people with experience of mental health and addiction. You can refer yourself or another agency can refer you. Workwise operates in the following regions:

  • South and Central Auckland
  • Waikato
  • Hauraki
  • Rotorua
  • Taranaki
  • Wellington
  • Christchurch

Learn more about Workwise employment service (external link)

Veterans’ Affairs 

If you’re a military veteran and finding it hard to stay in work, you may be able to get support from Veteran’s Affairs.

Find out about work support available from Veterans’ Affairs (external link)

Last updated on Tuesday, 14 May 2024

Was this page helpful?