Skip to main content

Support to enrol and study

Before you enrol on a course, find out about the education provider’s services for students with disabilities. For example, you might be able to get:

  • help with taking notes, internal assessments or physical tasks such as field work or labs
  • extra time or help to sit tests and exams
  • access to accessible lecture and tutorial rooms
  • mobility parking
  • accessible accommodation.

Also ask if you need to register for student disability services and what information is required. For example, you may have to provide proof of the disability or condition you need support for.

If you have an injury covered by ACC

If you have a long-term injury, you may be able to get support through ACC to study or re-train.

Contact ACC for more information (external link)

If you’re on a benefit

If you’re getting a payment through Work and Income, you may be able to get extra payments to help with study costs.

Find out about help with study costs on the Work and Income website (external link)

Last updated on Tuesday, 16 August 2022

Was this page helpful?