Skip to main content

A mobility parking permit lets you park in mobility parking spaces. Mobility parking spaces are wider so you can put a wheelchair or walker alongside the car. They’re identified by a wheelchair sign painted on the ground.

How to apply for a mobility parking permit

Mobility parking permits are managed and issued by both CCS Disability Action and Sommerville Disability Support Services.

Visit their websites to find out about:

  • who can apply (eligibility criteria)
  • types of permits (short term and long term permits)
  • how much a permit costs
  • how to apply for a permit (a doctor needs to complete the application form)
  • when, where and how you can use your permit.

Information about mobility parking permits from CCS Disability Action (external link)

Information about disability parking identification permits from Sommerville Disability Support Services (external link)

Free parking for disabled or older people

If you have a mobility parking permit but don’t need the wider parking space, you may be able to use a standard card park for longer than the time stated.

Contact your local council for information about parking concessions for disabled people or older people, especially if you have a Super Gold card.

Find your local council's contact details (external link)

Last updated on Wednesday, 10 August 2022

Was this page helpful?