Start: 11:30 am, Tuesday 12 September 2023
End: 2:00 pm, Tuesday 12 September 2023
Location: Online Zoom hui, Online
For families raising a child with a disability come along and learn about enrolment rights, processes around an ORS funding decline, requests to parents for teacher aide funding contributions, requests to parents for funding for student support at extra-curricular camps and activities and much more!
Who should attend?
The parents of disabled students who are concerned with the support entitlement for their child in New Zealand Schools. This seminar explores the following topics:
- Section 37 access to Special School, why is this legally required?
- Section 47 appeals to ORS decline
- Stand downs – under what conditions are they fair
- Clarifying responsibility for the student’s safety and welfare during travel between school and home
- Physical aggression and use of restraint
- Issue of school requests for funding contribution from parents (to help pay for teacher aide or resources)
- School camps and extra-curricular activities – requests from the school that parents pay/provide the support person to accompany that student.
- Plus, a range of other education legal issues
RSVP is essential 09 636 0351 or firstname.lastname@example.org
$20 per family
$50 health professionals in the disability sector
09 636 0351