The Coastlands Aquatic Centre consists of a 25 x 25 metre lane pool with a moveable floor heated to 28 degrees and a smaller programmes pool with ramp access and a water temperature of 32°c. It uses the latest technology in pool design and is the first aquatic centre in Australasia to have a translucent roof. This reduces energy costs and creates the feeling of being in an outdoor pool.
What does the venue say?
We have an all-inclusive accessibility policy.
- hoist access into the lane and spa pools with trained staff available to assist
- ramp access into the Lane Pool - the removable ramp structure is 15.4 metres long with handrails on each side and made from non-slip fibreglass
- ramp access into the Programmes Pool
- disabled change rooms including one designed for higher disability needs
- the facility is all on one level and easy to navigate with automated sliding doors and wide passageways
- two waterproof wheelchairs
- Recreation and leisure
- Accessible walkways
- Accessible toilets
- Accessible eating areas
- Mobility parking
- Beach or aquatic wheelchairs
- Grab rails
- Wheelchair access
There are no reviews yet.
Have you been to Kāpiti Coastlands Acquatic Cnetre?Add a review
Image gallery (2 images)
Select any image button to see the full photo.