Kei ngā mana, kei ngā reo, nau mai haere mai ki tēnei paetukutuku a Te Whare Toi o Heretaunga.
Nō mātau te whakamīharo ki te tukua nei ngā mihi kauanuanu ki tēnā, ki tēnā, kua tae mai nei.
Kāti rā, piki mai, kake mai, nau mai, haere mai rā, kia pai tō haerenga mai!
Te Whare Toi o Heretaunga - Hastings Art Gallery is the home of contemporary art in Hawke’s Bay, Aotearoa New Zealand.
Located in the heart of Civic Square in Hastings-Heretaunga, we work with artists and our communities to grow creativity within the region, and to explore the role of arts and culture in the world we live in.
The Gallery, which opened in the 1980s, presents a lively programme of local, national, and international contemporary art.
Vital to the life of the Gallery is its bi-cultural touchstone, Heretaunga Ararau. This strategy acts as the Gallery's guiding force:
- Manaakitanga, Ahuatanga, Kotahitanga, Tikanga - To Explore, Identify and Develop Unique Arts Propositions.
- Mana Kaitiakitanga - To Promote and Grow Arts Opportunity to Support the Region's Arts Sector and the Gallery's Stakeholders.
- Ahuatanga Mana - To Define the Character of the Gallery, Securing a Unique Position and Establishing Visibility in a National Context.
- Mana Tīpuna, Mana Atua, Mana Whenua - To Produce Enduring Benefits - Economic, Social and Cultural.
What does the venue say?
Hastings Art Gallery engages, enriches and inspires through high calibre contemporary art exhibitions
- Free attraction
- Arts and culture
- Local amenity
- Accessible walkways
- Accessible toilets
- Mobility parking
- Wheelchair access
- Staff and volunteer support
- Guided tours
- Assistance and mobility dogs allowed
There are no reviews yet.
Have you been to Hastings City Art Gallery?Add a review
Image gallery (3 images)
Select any image button to see the full photo.