Start: 6:30 pm, Tuesday 8 August 2023
End: 9:00 pm, Wednesday 9 August 2023
Location: Zoom, Online
Website: Parent 2 Parent's website
Are you raising a disabled or neurodiverse child? Learn new approaches and tools to help build a good life for your children and whānau.
Workshop topics include:
- Accessing health and disability supports to build a good life
- Understanding chronic stress and trauma, how to build family well-being and resilience
- Your child’s education: rights, inclusion, specialist intervention, how to build partnerships with educators, complaints pathways and resolution
- Vision planning, goal setting, building community and support networks
- Enabling Good Lives principles and how to effectively advocate for your child
Workshop facilitator Frian Wadia has many years of experience advocating for her own disabled children. She is connected with a number of groups and initiatives at both the grassroots and systemic levels championing inclusion and equity for all disabled children within their communities.
Free of charge, thanks to funding from the Spectrum Foundation.
A two-part workshop, via Zoom. To get the most from the workshop it is recommended that you attend both sessions.
Online Zoom hui