We’re your not-for-profit friendly community experts on all things related to disability and ageing–from generic information through to walking stick testing.
Independent Living provides free independent and unbiased information and advice about support services, assistive products and general information. We offer brochures and information in a wide variety of languages, and sell a huge tried-and-tested range of daily living aids.
Most importantly, we care about what people can do. We focus on abilities, we find solutions, and we work to understand the unique situation of everyone who comes to us. You’ll enjoy the caring advice and expertise of our team when you visit. Many of us have experienced disability ourselves, so what we do has deep personal meaning to us.
We’re all about helping you find your own path through life – staying by your side and on your side along the way.
Empowering you to live your best life, with ease.
- Mobility scooters and canopies
- Power chairs
- Wheelchairs, walkers and walking aids
- Lift chairs, cushions and orthopaedic chairs
- Kitchen aids, kettles, trolleys, jar and can openers
- Bathroom safety - bidets, toilet raisers, shower seats, safety grab rails, shower mats, waterproof limb protectors
- Continence products - disposable and washable
- Aids for daily living - reachers, magnifiers, dressing aids, pedal exercisers
- Bedroom - electric beds, back rests, overbed tables and bedding protectors
- Hire equipment - wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, bathroom and bedroom equipment
Independent Living - making daily living easier for Auckland communities since 1981.
14 Erson Avenue
Phone: 09 625 0322
308 Te Irirangi Drive
Phone: 09 281 5027
13-15 Bute Road (old RSA building)
Phone: 09 550 3387