NorthAble Disability Services
NorthAble is a not-for-profit community organisation and Northland’s largest disability information centre, established in 1990.
They provide disability support and information in the Whangarei District and all Te Tai Tokerau.
- Mobile Van Service which visits rural Northland; call to find out when it is in your area.
- FREE Equipment demos available to community groups and organisations.
- NorthAble DIAS provides friendly, independent disability information and advice. Disabled people, families, whanau, aiga, caregivers, providers and the general public can use the DIAS service.
- NorthAble welcomes the opportunity to visit community groups and present on disability information and/or services provided.
- Support for living through Needs Assessment Service Co-ordination (NASC); and a Very High Needs service (VHN) – both Northland-wide; vocational and community participation through the LYNKZ programme (Whangarei and Dargaville).