Become confident and capable in using the Numicon approach to teach to mastery and improve standards.
The workshops and courses are designed to give you the opportunity to:
- Familiarise yourself with the resources and the theory behind the Numicon approach
- Appreciate the essential building blocks that underpin the key mathematical ideas
- Explore the benefits of using Numicon with all children
- Experience how the Numicon approach supports the aims of the NZ Curriculum
- Explore the range of teaching support materials and tools essential to the Numicon approach in preparation for implementation, or as a refresher
Who should attend?
Parents and teacher aides: This course is suitable for teachers, teacher aides, SENCOs, RTLB’s, MOE staff and specialist tutors. It is intended for teachers who are involved with classroom and/or remedial mathematics teaching.
3 Olive Road