Financial abuse and scams
How to protect yourself or someone else
- Do you know what financial abuse is? Or what it looks like?
- What can you do if you think it’s happening to you, or someone else?
What the government says
The New Zealand Government has information and advice about how to:
- recognise financial abuse and scams
- report them to the right place
- protect yourself from financial abuse and scams.
What the New Zealand Bankers Association says
The New Zealand Bankers Association suggests things you can do to:
- protect your personal and financial information
- protect your bank accounts or investments
- manage your banking so you don’t have to give someone else access to your account.