Independent Living Service Charitable Trust (ILS), formerly Disability Resource Centre Auckland, is a community organisation committed to making daily living easier for people with disability and impairments, their families/whanau and support networks.
ILS provides people with free independent and unbiased information and advice about support services, assistive products and general information. This allows people to make informed choices regarding solutions that assist them to remain as independent as possible as their health needs change.
We have three home equipment and mobility stores (Royal Oak, Botany South & Browns Bay) and a mobile service that operates in the Franklin - Rodney area. The stores offer a wide range of products to help keep you safe, active and independent. Products include:
- Mobility scooters and power chairs
- Wheelchairs, walkers and walking aids
- Lift chairs, cushions and orthopaedic chairs
- Kitchen aids, kettles, trolleys, jar and can openers
- Bathroom safety - bidets, toilet raisers, shower seats, safety grab rails, shower mats, waterproof limb protectors
- Continence products - disposable and washable
- Aids for daily living - reachers, magnifiers, dressing aids, pedal exercisers
- Bedroom - electric beds, back rests, overbed tables and bedding protectors
- Hire equipment - wheelchairs, walkers, crutches
ILS - making daily living easier for Auckland communities since 1981.
14 Erson Avenue
Phone: 09 625 0322
308 Te Irirangi Drive
Phone: 09 281 5027
89 Clyde Street
Phone: 09 550 3387