In this section

Funding for equipment

You may be eligible for funding towards the cost of some pieces of equipment, or have it loaned to you on a long-term basis.

Funding for housing modifications

If you have a physical impairment or disability that makes moving around your home difficult then you may be able to get some help to make changes to your home.

Funding for people who are Deaf or have hearing loss

Government funding is available for people who are Deaf or have hearing loss to help you communicate and live safely.

Funding for people with visual impairments

Blindness or a visual impairment may mean that you need support or equipment to enable you to live more independently.

Funding for vehicle modifications

If you find it difficult to get in an...

Grants, awards and scholarships

A number of organisations in New Zealand make grants or award scholarships to disabled children, young people and adults. You could apply for help to pay for th...

Home and community support services

If you are finding it hard to manage at home, you might be able to get help.Depending on the nature of your disability or impairment, ACC, the Ministry of Healt...

Residential support services

If you need live-in care or support, you might be able to get government help to pay for it.What type of residential services are available?ACC and the Ministry...