Disability allowances and benefits

If you can't work because of illness or injury, you could be eligible for a disability allowance or benefit.

The type of allowance, benefit or financial help you can get depends on your situation. 

If you can’t work at all, or you work reduced hours because of an injury, illness or disability, you might be able to get some help with your income or expenses.

Depending on your situation, you could apply to ACC, Work and Income, or Veterans’ Affairs.

Your carer might be able to get financial help, too.

Need some help to look for financial support, allowances and benefits?

Ask a disability information centre to help you