Great Accessible Day Out
Win an annual family pass for an attraction of your choice!*
Firstport is on the hunt for reviews of the best accessible day trips and we need your help! Enter our Great Accessible Day Out competition and help share your knowledge of fantastic accessible hot spots in NZ with others.
Venues, attractions, councils and businesses are increasingly improving their physical and sensory accessibility provisions to enable everyone to enjoy what they have to offer. These great places might have accessibility features that help with physical access and inclusion, or perhaps special sensory features. We're looking for reviews of days out to places that are top of the pack when it comes to providing accessibility for all.
Submit your entry and help us build a library of reviews that other family and friend groups can check out next time they're planning a special day out.
Simply tell us details like...
- what accessible features there were
- what made your trip so good
- what you got up to
- why you’d recommend it
- your top highlight of the day
Competition closes 5pm Sunday 11 August, so be sure to get your entries in before then.
*Prize valid for an annual individual, group or family pass up to the value of $250. For full terms and conditions please view below.
By clicking "Submit" you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the competition (below).
Terms and conditions
- Entries can only be accepted via the online submission form
- You must fill in all the required fields in order to submit your entry
- The closing date is 5pm Sunday 11 August 2019.
- The competition is open to people living in New Zealand, excluding employees of Enable New Zealand and their families or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
- You must have visited the place you are reviewing within the last 12 months and the place must be in New Zealand.
- Any one person can submit as many entries as they like but a separate submission form must be used per entry. Late, illegible, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
- All permissible entries will enter their author into the random draw. One winner will be drawn from the entries after the closing date.
- Permissible entries are those that meet the criteria for entry as stipulated above, include all required information, and are viewed as a genuine review created for the good of the audience of Firstport website. We are looking for positive experiences – if you have had a negative experience please either contact the venue/attraction directly, or contact us via Facebook Messenger or email and we can signpost you to suitable support.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Any entries (information and/or images) found to be in breach of copyright will be immediately disqualified.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- By entering the competition and agreeing to the Terms & Conditions, you agree that all information supplied within the entry can be used by Firstport and Enable New Zealand brands for use on firstport.co.nz, enable.co.nz, printed publicity/promotional materials and associated social media channels free of charge for publicity and information sharing purposes.
- The names of those who submitted the entry will appear on the review unless you indicate that you do not wish to be named.
- Entrants will not receive payment for the use of their review or images.
- The winner can choose an annual pass for an attraction of their choice up to the value of $250, or the equivalent cost of a one-off entry to an attraction up to the value of $250.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. In the unlikely event that prize should become unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize to the equivalent value of the original offering.
- Winners will be notified within 15 working days of the closing date.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.